Please Contact Us for Purchase & Delivery information.
THE BASTION™ HELMET
Diamond Age has revolutionized the modern combat helmet. The BASTION™ is the first combat helmet that can withstand
direct hits from all common rifle rounds, including steel core rounds, at muzzle velocities.
A revolutionary advance in combat helmet engineering!
- Augmented with an ultra-lightweight carbon fiber and ceramic strike-face.
- Improves protection to levels never before seen. The BASTION™ helmet is the first to offer comprehensive protection from rifle rounds. What’s more, BASTION™ Helmets offer unrivaled multi-hit performance and spall mitigation.
- Rationally designed to improve protection where it’s needed most. The design of the BASTION™ helmet was informed by careful analysis of battlefield epidemiological data and casualty statistics. [LINK TO PDF]
- Fully modular. The full configuration is intended for manning turrets, for vehicular patrols, and for tactical raids and entries. A lighter configuration, consisting solely of the front and back tiles, may be better-suited for infantrymen. Snipers may choose to wear only the front tile. The shell alone offers IIIa ballistic protection, and blast and blunt trauma protection in line with military standards.
- Designed for hard use in the field. The ceramic and carbon fiber parts are easily removable, with no tooling required, and those parts are durable and stackable, for easy storage and transport.
- Accommodates Wilcox® shrouds and accessory mounts — without sacrificing an inch of coverage.
- Features the industry’s most advanced padding system, specifically engineered for both comfort and optimal performance against high-impact rifle rounds. The BASTION™ Helmet’s padding system reduces fatigue and backface deformation, and offers an improved stand-off distance between the shell and the wearer’s skull, for reduced force-transmission following impact.
- Rapid-adjustment Boa® retention system.
- Patents pending